Friday, January 30, 2009

A book? Yeah a Book

OK no pics of this until i figure out if i am crazy, or if this might just be real. It is some early morning hour, all are sleeping in my home, and i have an idea to write a children's book. MMMMM, well it will have pictures from my sessions, mmmm yeah, well, just thought I would fill you in on where my mind is now. Love all, please pray for me!!


If you are familiar with face book, I have recently just filled out 25 interesting things about me, I will share them with you. This is where the book concept came from. An old classmate of mine read this, and said I should write a book. So here I am writing a book!! Well, like I said, we will see how far this goes!!

Thank you for thinking this is interesting, thank you for your belief in me, Thank you Thank you Thank you, God Bless you all.

1. One of my most inspirational moments in my life was speaking at my grandmother's funeral.

2. I thought I was going to be a teacher, nurse, hospice director, or funeral director, and still would do any of them. Or try anyway!

3. The thought of death isn't scary to me. I would be sad to leave my husband, children, family and friends, but I have been so blessed with so much and have had so many opportunities in my life, I would have no regrets at this point.

4. My daughter looks nothing like me, and acts just like me. I love being her mom; I always know her next move. I am such a proud mom, I fear I will be the wack-job that comes in wanting to come after anyone who messes with her.

5. I never thought I wanted a boy until I had one, now I think boys are way fun and easier!

6. I love dancing in the rain, one of my favorite things to do in the rain is to get boots on, get an umbrella, splash in puddles and try to catch rain in my mouth. It brings back memories of me looking for fishing worms with my dad.

7. I was diagnosed with "Adult Onset ADHD" surprise surprise!

8. I love love love love being pregnant and giving birth. I love the whole process, 1 hour after giving birth to Phinley, before I was even moved to the recovery room I was ready to do it again. I would consider being a suragant parent for the right person.

9. I have a love hate relationship with "change", most the time I hate it.

10. I used to show horses. I love riding horses; there is something about being able to ride a horse as fast as you can in a wide open field.

11. As much as I don't like the snow, I love SD. I have no desire to move, or to raise our children away from our family.

12. Two of the most inspirational things said to me were. "You have been given a gift, you have two choices, you can either sit on it, or do something with it." - My pastor. And "you have a dream; go for it, if your heart is in it the money will come."- My now husband, but fiancé at the time. Both referring to my career of photography.

13. Besides being a mom and a wife, I find most of my self worth by volunteering for a bereavement photography program called "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep" here is one of my experiences: (cut and paste)

http://amylawrencephoto.blogspot.com/2008/11/touching-story-remarkable-family.html

14. I go into my children's room almost weekly to photograph them sleeping.

15. My husband and I were married less than 3 months after we were engaged, no we were not pregnant. We got married on a tuesday, on what would have been my grandmother's b-day.

16. My favorite show's are "17 kids and counting" and "Little House on the Praire" I secretly want to be in their families!! I love hearing of other's family dynamics.

17. The best gift I ever gave my self was our cleaning lady.

18. I suck in the music dept! And probably the only way I would ever get embarrassed is if someone heard me sing, and we do it almost every night during our family parade or marching band (what ever Mariana wants to call it that night!)

19. Aren't you sick of hearing about me yet, holy manoly, this is allot. I hate reading, but love writing. Can you tell!!

20. Another dream of mine is to be pregnant at the same time as my sister and my cousin. Let's get it on guys!!

21. Although my parents are divorced, they both are two of my best friends.

22. Before I die I would like to photograph an adoption. I have photographed a birth mom meeting her daughter after 35 years, and I have photographed open adoption mothers with their children, but never a family seeing and receiving their child for the first time. I would love to be able to give that gift to somebody, if you know anyone, let me know!

23. Hearing other's dreams is uplifting to me; it opens my eyes to their hearts.

24. When I say I will be praying for you, I do!!

25. Last but not least, I feel so blessed, so honored to do what I do, to have what I have, and to be loved like I am.

No comments: